I purchased an 8' tall double wrought iron door late spring of 2011.I have posted earlier of other problems with the door.
A few weeks ago I noticed that the large lower raised panels which are approx. 24" x 24" were cracked and swollen, which is definitely odd for an iron door. Further investigation revealed the panels to be made entirely of fiberboard which is a mixture of sawdust and glue. Another iron company in Dallas currently is repairing the doors at a cost of $1500.
I will try to post pictures if the site accomodates them.I will be contacting the Texas Attorney General as well as Tarrant County to see what charges can be brought.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Wrought Iron Door
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Building a house in SC. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. It started from day one. The footing were poured and foundation built wrong and not..."
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "I thought I had somehow infected my upper lip. My P.A. put me on oral antibiotic and a cream antibiotic. The condition worsened. I was..."
- "YESTERDAY I DECIDED TO QUIT DEVRY AFTER 2 1/2 YRS. THE FOLLOWING REASONS WHY I MADE THIS DECISION ARE: FIRST. I SHOULD HAVE DONE MY HOMEWORK ON DEVRY BUT I DID..."
- "My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of..."
- "I ordered a trailer hitch, ball and wiring system all in one combo on Monday the 17th from etrailer.com. My card was charged immediately. They sent me an email 3..."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."